[Web4lib] The Future of News and tracking human feelings

Robert L. Balliot rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com
Sun Jul 29 07:58:15 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I have embedded a TED video by Jonathan Harris here that I think is worth
review by

any librarian interested in how technology will affect our ability to
provide access to

information:

http://oceanstatelibrarian.com/fourth/news_links.htm

Harris constructs a significant graphical interpretation of human feelings
and emotions

derived from internet resources. He also shows what may become the way that
news will

be interpreted and extrapolated.  It goes beyond the Google news search by
using templates

of familiar symbolism to enable us to process a big picture of world events
and attitudes.

Robert L. Balliot

1-401-441-5763

Skype: RBalliot