[Web4lib] web page layout help needed

Tracy L. Mehlin tmehlin at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 26 17:53:13 EDT 2007

Using CSS for layout has a steep learning curve, at least for me!  :-)
Try defining widths and margins for your various banners and the unnamed
div holding your navigation.
For example:
#banner1 {
text-align:left;
width: 300px; /*use "em" if you want it to grow with the text size or %
if you want to shrink in relation to the window size*/
margin: 5px 0;
}
You'll want to also explore either floating your divs left and right or
positioning everything exactly.
A "wrapper" div can keep everything together in the center like the
original page, with margins set accordingly.
I find Firefox with the Firebug and Web Developer Toolbar extensions
*very* helpful for layout problems.

Good luck!
--
Tracy L. Mehlin, MLIS