[Web4lib] Freebase problems

Elizabeth Winter elizabeth.winter at library.gatech.edu
Thu Jul 26 11:09:53 EDT 2007

The same thing happened to me yesterday, so I just replied to the
confirmation message, letting them know of the problem.

Their response was:

------------
We had a service outage stemming from an explosion in downtown San
Francisco yesterday that knocked the power out at our data center.
Some of the services were not fully restored until today. Would you mind
trying to register again?

I apologize for the inconvenience.
------------

It sounds like they may still be having some problems due to the power
outage.  I'd suggest waiting another day or so, then if it's still not
working, responding to the registration message you received (to
registration at freebase.com).

-Elizabeth

--
Elizabeth L. Winter
Electronic Resources Coordinator, Acquisitions
email: elizabeth.winter at library.gatech.edu
phone: 404.385.0593
fax: 404.894.1723