[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 7:9 available

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:49:23 EDT 2007

Cites & Insights: Crawford at Large 7:9 (August 2007) is now available
for downloading at
http://citesandinsights.info/civ7i9.pdf

It's an odd issue (the September issue, 7:10, will be an even
issue...cheap jokes never die): Four somewhat overlapping Perspectives
and an Offtopic Perspective.

The 26-page issue (PDF as usual, but each Perspective is available as an
html separate from the homepage, http://citesandinsights.info/)
includes:

* Perspective: On the Literature - Thoughts about the role of gray
literature (blogs, lists, C&I...) in librarianship today.

* Perspective: On Authority, Worth and Linkbaiting - Yes, it's about the
Britannica Blog. No, there's no fisking involved.

* Perspective: On Disagreement and Discussion - Two years in the making!
Feel free to discuss and disagree... This is the big essay in the issue.

* Perspective: On Ethics and Transparency - Why I respect what Lawrence
Lessig and Sarah Houghton-Jan have to say but can't follow either path,
and more.

* Offtopic Perspective: 50-Movie Classic Musicals, Part 2 - including
Rhythm and Blues Review, Till the Clouds Roll By, All-American Co-Ed,
Hi-De-Ho (an hour of Cab Calloway: how can you go wrong?), Royal
Wedding...and a whole bunch more.

Not included in this issue: Perspective: On Clever Names for
Perspectives. And the Bibs & Blather has appeared instead as an absurdly
long post at Walt at Random.