[Web4lib] Plug-ins

Marc W. Davis marc.davis at DRAKE.EDU
Fri Jul 20 12:20:29 EDT 2007

   We do pretty much the same as Terry (below) with browser plugins,
but are running into increasing issues with software included in
textbooks --  students expect to be able to install it on Library
computers (particularly if they don't have a machine of their own,
since assignments are based on the software).  Particularly the
Business folks.  Publishers are not receptive to providing the
software to labs, although I have to admit Prentice-Hall has been
really good about PHStat2 (an excel plugin) that the business school
seems to be quite enamored of.  However, the numbers just keep climbing.

   Add on to that U3 drives . . . and it just gets to be more fun every day!

Marc W. Davis
Systems Administration Associate
Cowles Library
Drake University
(515) 271- 1934Quoting Hopkins County - Madisonville Public Library