[Web4lib] DVD authoring software

Kristi Warab kwarab at wheelock.edu
Thu Jul 19 14:47:39 EDT 2007

Can anyone recommend a good DVD authoring software program?

Many of them seem to be "buggy". I especially do not want to purchase a buggy program and then be provided with poor customer service on top of that.

So far, I have not had good experience with Roxio's MyDVD9 and have read many bad reviews on Amazon. It's definitely buggy. I can't even get my MP3 files to attach without getting an error message, while they attach and play just fine in another program. Seems like a pretty basic function.

I've read but don't know much about:

Nero
Pinnacle
WinDVD

I want a program that:

1. Plays slide shows with photos in sync with music.
2. Allows me to pan and zoom on photos and create text.
2. Allows me to attach video footage to music.

I'm not worried about price, but prefer the cheapest of course.

Kristi Warab
Wheelock College
Technical Services Librarian
132 The Riverway