[Web4lib] Pop-up blocker on or off?

Robin rboulton at stcharleslibrary.org
Wed Jul 18 15:18:39 EDT 2007

My suggestion is to work with the guy doing the imaging. When he says an
image is ready, go to the machine and access each of your known sites
(unless you have thousands, of course!) and allow popups. Then turn the
blocker on.

Also Firefox (and I suspect IE 7) allow on-the-fly allow/disallow of
popups for the current site so you can make changes to what's allowed by
the image.

If you can't get the image the way you want it, patron and staff
education (how to block or allow popups by site) may be your only
option. It does give people the most flexibility of choice, in my
opinion.