[Web4lib] [Fwd: [NGC4LIB] technology demo of Open Library - Now Open!]

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Mon Jul 16 20:09:33 EDT 2007

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[NGC4LIB] technology demo of Open Library - Now Open!
Date: 	Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:22:08 -0700
From: 	Alexis Rossi <alexis at ARCHIVE.ORG>
To: 	NGC4LIB at listserv.nd.edu

Hi all,

I've seen a couple of people mention on this list that the Internet Archive was cooking up an open source catalog project... and now you can see it!

After months of hard work by a very dedicated group of people, Open Library is now open:

http://demo.openlibrary.org/

This is a technology demo, so it doesn't have all of the bells and whistles just yet.  But we're looking for help!  If you've got data, we want it!  If you're a programmer interested in helping, please let us know!

We have a series of pages describing our project and goals, a marvelous demo site that shows off what we're capable of, and a new series of mailing lists to bring more people into the project.

Please subscribe to the lists that interest you, poke around the site, and let us know what you think.

Thanks!

Alexis Rossi
Internet Archive

--