[Web4lib] RE: [lita-l] Innovation: NYT article on Dewey-less Arizona public library

Lynn Reynish lreynish at reginalibrary.ca
Sun Jul 15 23:55:25 EDT 2007

I'm an AUTOCAT subscriber - though I don't know how representative I am. From what I remember, it actually didn't cause as much of a stir as some might expect (given that some think that cataloguers are anti-change Luddites). I think that most of the subscribers were more concerned about the LC Working Group discussions and related matters. Other subscribers should feel free to correct me.

Also, I have to take issue with your claim that Dewey is an inventory system. That is one aspect of a classification - but that is not all it is.

Lynn

---
Lynn Reynish
ILS Librarian