[Web4lib] Successful book discussion blogs, anyone?

Abramson, Alicia AAbramson at ci.berkeley.ca.us
Thu Jul 12 11:58:40 EDT 2007

Does anyone have an example of a library-based book discussion blog that
you would identify as successful?  We are doing our second attempt at
one here at the Berkeley Public Library for our "Reading in Common"
(i.e. citywide book reading) event:
http://www.berkeleypubliclibrary.org/readingincommon/

Last year's blog had a total of 8 comments over a 4 month period...and I
would like to see a more engaged discussion this year.

I would like to learn more about what the ingredients are of a
successful online book discussion, and how have others managed to
successfully engage their communities in the usage of blogs for book
discussions.

Alicia

Alicia Abramson

Manager Library Information Technology