[Web4lib] Locking Down Proxy Settings in XP Home

Riesner, Giles GRIESNER at ccbcmd.edu
Wed Jul 11 11:51:19 EDT 2007

 If you want to lock down Internet Options in IE , here's the registry
information you need:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Restrictions]
"NoBrowserOptions"=dword:00000001

Setting the value to "0" will make it accessible again.

There are a bunch of other browser options (NoBrowserClose, NoFileOpen
,etc.) that can also be
set. I think I found the information  along the line in Registry Guide
for Windows (it was at winguides.com,
but is now at pctools.com). The URL for the whole list is:
http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/442/

Giles W. Riesner Jr., Library Tech Support
Community College of Balto. Co. - Catonsville
800 S. Rolling Rd., Baltimore MD 21228  USA
Tel/V-Mail 1-410-455-4245
Fax          1-410-455-6106
Email:       griesner at ccbcmd.edu