[Web4lib] FW: TC b/w printer HP LaserJet 4250n

Robin rboulton at stcharleslibrary.org
Wed Jul 11 08:43:21 EDT 2007

I'm passing along this report in the hope that the collective wisdom of
this List can supply an answer or, at least, a fruitful line of enquiry.
I know from long experience that printing from Adobe reader can be
fluky, but this is more than usually weird.

The printers referenced are both HP models of similar age and usage, and
are reliable and problem-free in all other contexts.

We are using LPTOne from EnvisionWare; this is print cost recovery
software that routes a print job to a release station where patrons use
a card in a card reader to pay for their printouts. Like the printers,
this system works well for almost every other situation.

All machines run XP, SP2

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Robin

________________________________

Subject: TC b/w printer HP LaserJet 4250n

Occasionally, print jobs will not work on the 4250, but they will work
on the 4100.  Sometimes the whole print job will not work, and sometimes
the last page of a .pdf print will not print.

If you go to www.socialsecurity.gov/ss5doc and click on "get an
application", when you print the 5 page document, it will collect .50,
but only print the first 4 pages.  Even if you just print page 5, it
will collect the .10, but nothing prints.  You can test this out for
yourself.  I tried this from TC-9 and TC-10.

This same scenario has happened at least once before, but I believe it
was an attachment in an email, and I didn't have a chance to have the
patron email me the attachment to try to recreate the problem.

There is also a female patron that comes in every so often and prints
out a lot of medical documents from her email (I think it's for her
clients) that will not print to the 4250, but it does work when she
sends it to the 4100.  There was no way to get that type of info from
her to recreate the problem.