[Web4lib]

Robert L. Balliot rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com
Mon Jul 9 16:21:07 EDT 2007

Greetings Steve,

Sorry about that digression. I was responding to
a message cross-posted to publib.

Here is a website that you can use to calculate what the cost of
living would be for a website creator in Danbury
Connecticut making $50,000 per year and compare
that to other locations.  It uses ASP technology
and includes database binding that appears to
be coming off of a SQL server.

http://swz.salary.com/costoflivingwizard/layoutscripts/coll_start.asp

That along with any cost of regressive taxes could
be used to calculate the perceived values of the
library webmaster services. Perhaps it would be
useful for someone to do a comparison of incomes
for library webmasters and recreate it on a
library sponsored website.

Robert L. Balliot
1-401-421-5763
Skype: RBalliot