Fwd: Re[2]: [Web4lib] RE: [Publib] Job listing- Webmaster in CT

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:58:54 EDT 2007

I live in Danbury, and have applied for city jobs in the past. I don't
believe that "non-professional" jobs require an application fee. If
they do, then I believe there is a request for waiver process to
accommodate those situations where a qualified applicant can't afford
the fee.

[trying to put the best possible spin on this] I think the purpose of
the fee is to encourage people to read the job requirements carefully,
and discourage them from applying for jobs for which they are not
qualified, not so much for raising revenues. The Civil Service
Commission only meets once a month, and they don't have time to wade
through 300 applications for the "plum" jobs, of which this would be
considered one.