[Web4lib] RE: [Publib] Job listing- Webmaster in CT

Robert L. Balliot rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com
Mon Jul 9 15:19:05 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I think this fee would be considered an example of a regressive
tax.  City and Town government usually have to go through quite
a few hoops to raise revenues through property taxes. Charging
and increasing fees for various 'services' is generally a much easier way
to raise revenue.

I have seen rates for parking a local beaches go up so much
over the years, that basically even though there is public
access, much of the public really cannot afford it.

Robert L. Balliot
1-401-421-5763
Skype: RBalliot
Bristol, Rhode Island