[Web4lib] staff web contributers-training

Pons, Lisa (ponslm) PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Wed Jan 31 08:54:01 EST 2007

At our library, we have several staff members that use Contribute to edit their portions of the web site. Training them can be challenging... so I am wondering... what does everyone else do?

Whether you use a CMS or other method- when a staff person wants to contribute content to the web page- is there training they must go through? Does someone look over there work? Is training given by a central group, or is the department responsible?

Also, do you have any limit to how many people may edit on your web site?

Are students allowed under proper supervision access ?

Anything in regards to this is appreciated.

Thanks!

Lisa Pons-Haitz
University of Cincinnati
University Libraries