[Web4lib] MySpace and Public Libraries

Christa Burns cburns at nlc.state.ne.us
Fri Jan 26 10:06:34 EST 2007

You should check out the presentation that Angela Semifero, Deputy
Director and Head of Technical Services at the Marshall District Library
(Marshall, MI), gave in Second Life a couple of weeks ago, "MySpace is
Your Library's Space!: Reference, Programming and Promotion".

She put up a presentation web site, which includes her PowerPoint
presentation, the transcript of her talk and MySpace and social
networking resources.:
http://mlcslpresentation.googlepages.com/

Christa

Christa J. Burns                                         Phone:
402-471-3107
OCLC Member Services Coordinator       In-state only: 800-307-2665
NEBASE                                                  Fax:
402-471-2083
Nebraska Library Commission                  E-mail:
cburns at nlc.state.ne.us
1200 N Street, Suite 120
Lincoln, NE 68508-2023

NEBASE Homepage: http://www.nlc.state.ne.us/nebase

"A human mind, once stretched to a new idea, never returns to its former
dimensions." --Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.