[Web4lib] MySpace and Public Libraries

Michael VanHouten mvanhouten at albion.edu
Thu Jan 25 21:14:19 EST 2007

Facebook eliminated Library pages, including ours.

Michael Van Houten
Associate Director of Libraries and Head
     of Public Services
Stockwell-Mudd Libraries
Albion College
602 E. Cass St.
Albion, MI 49224
517-629-0382
mvanhouten at albion.edu

"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new
respectability to uninformed opinion."
John Lawton, speaking to the American Association of Broadcast
Journalists in 1995
>>> "Bret Parker" <Bret.Parker at ci.stockton.ca.us> 01/25/07 6:07 PM >>>
I thought someone posted earlier that an 'institutional' presence on
MySpace was now verboten (earlier posting by a university librarian who
said that they were admonished by or eliminated from MySpace) -- Am I
remembering right?

MySpace == A person's space

Bret Parker, Senior Applications Programmer Analyst (MLIS)
Stockton-San Joaquin County Public Library
City of Stockton (California)
bret.parker at ci.stockton.ca.us
(209) 937-7148

http://www.stockton.lib.ca.us

>>> <cmagnuss at arrowhead.lib.mn.us> 1/25/2007 3:00:23 PM >>>
I would be interested in this information also!

Chris Magnusson
Hibbing Public Library
www.hibbing.lib.mn.us