[Web4lib] MySpace and Public Libraries

Jami Haskell jamihaskell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 17:41:58 EST 2007

Hi folks,
 We are looking into implementing a MySpace presence at my public library
system for outreach and programming. I am wondering if any of you have
implemented these profiles for your libraries could send me information
about the implementation process and the maintenance requirements.

Specifically, how you went about getting started, how much time/staff
resources go into maintaining the presence, and what (if any) issues have
arisen from public response (both positive and negative). Also, do you link
to your MySpace presence from your library web site? Any other advice or
experience you have to offer would be much appreciated as well.
You can email me off list at jhaskell at washoecounty.us
Thanks!

All the best,
Jami Haskell