[Web4lib] Software for Knowledge Base: Your opinions, please?

David Rothman david.rothman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 15:32:16 EST 2007

Good afternoon!

The standard for making/maintaining intranet knowledge bases at MPOW (a ~400
bed community hospital) is Adobe RoboHelp (
http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/).  It is used primarily to provide
web-based manuals for various departments and services throughout the
hospital.

Our CIO has asked me to research and suggest alternatives.  I'm pleased that
he thinks of the library when he has questions about tools for organizing
information. :)

Could you please share your opinions (good OR bad) on products you have used
via email to me at david[DOT]rothman[AT]gmail.com,  I will be pleased to
summarize any responses for the group.

MediaWiki is already on my list of possible applications.  Our CIO really
liked the edit trail and ability to revert to previous versions.

Many thanks in advance,

-David

David L. Rothman
Community General Hospital Medical Library
Syracuse, NY
david[DOT]rothman[AT]gmail.com
http://davidrothman.net