[Web4lib] Knowledge Maps and Portals aka Zins

Luis Gutierrez luisgutierrez at peoplepc.com
Wed Jan 17 12:24:06 EST 2007

I am working on a modification of Chaim Zins'

Map of Human Knowledge
http://www.success.co.il/knowledge/index.html

to organize the links for my project directory; see section 7 of

Solidarity, Sustainability, and Non-Violence
Volume 3, Number 1, January 2007
http://www.pelican-consulting.com/solisustv03n01.html

This is the way it is shaping up:

http://www.pelican-consulting.com/knowledgeorganization.html

Any comments would be welcome.  BTW, Zins is now working on an
encyclopedic portal to knowledge that looks good:

http://www.success.co.il/knowledge/encyclopedia/index.html

Please note that this is "work in progress."

I wonder if "parking" links under each line item of these taxonomies may
in turn induce improved definition of the scope of content for websites.

Best for 2007,
Luis
--
Luis T. Gutierrez, Ph.D.
Editor, "Solidarity, Sustainability, and Non-Violence"
luisgutierrez at peoplepc.com