[Web4lib] REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ON LIBRARY AUTOMATION

Gbola Olasina gbolasina at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 06:36:01 EST 2007

Hello:

My home library is just embarking on an automation
project and as the library's Systems Analyst I want to
know what things I can start with. I belong to a
Science and Tech based academic library for a
University and we do not have the hardware and
necessary software for conversion just yet but all the
same I hope to know what things I can get started on
before the digitization, autofed scanners, etc, come
in. The library as of now is paper based, in terms of
records, etc but we have some PCs and CDroms of
journals but hardly any other.

Thank you.

Gbola Olasina
Systems Librarian
University Library
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
P. M. B.4000, Ogbomoso
Oyo State, Nigeria
Tel: +234 8033292529, +234 8024158464
www.gbolahan.8m.net