[Web4lib] Text-to-Speech in Microsoft Word

Hester, Mary HesterM at bartonccc.edu
Fri Jan 5 13:38:14 EST 2007

I frequently use speech recognition in Microsoft Word 2003 so that I
don't have to type. Now I would like to go the other way and start using
text-to-speech but I can't get it running.  I have it configured (speech
setting in control panel) and am able to use it it Excel because there
is a tool bar to use.  However, there does not seem to be a tool bar in
Word and I can not find a way to begin this feature.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Mary L. Hester, Director of Learning Resources
Barton County Community College
245 NE 30th Road; Great Bend, KS 67530
hesterm at bartonccc.edu <mailto:hesterm at bartonccc.edu>   620-792-9364; fax
620-792-3238

"Knowledge is free at the Library, just bring your own container." ~
Unknown