[Web4lib] NCIP - open source solutions

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Jan 3 11:53:27 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 04:18:14PM +0000, David Kane wrote:
> Is anyone aware of open-source implementations of NCIP?
I don't know of any full implementations of NCIP available
under an Open Source license ... however, back in 2005,
LibLime created a project called OpenNCIP in the hopes that
we'd find a sponsor to develop a generic Open Source NCIP
toolkit. What happened instead was a SIP2 toolkit now in
use in the Evergreen ILS and soon to be in use in Koha:

http://openncip.org

The code is available on Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openncip

We'd still be happy to pursue the NCIP portion of the project
if we found an organization willing to fund it. All our
development is sponsorship-based and all code we release is
licensed under the GPL (open source).

Cheers,