[Web4lib] Announcement: Online Historic Map Library

Dave Broer dave at broermaps.org
Sat Feb 24 09:16:28 EST 2007

For those interested in online reference material, particularly online
historic maps, you might be interested in the services that we offer:

The Broer Map Library is a growing collection of thousands of online
historic maps from around the world.  Our collection features several
native language atlases (e.g. German maps of Germany) as well as
historic road maps and topographical maps.  We also have many military
maps from different theaters of action such as unique maps of the
Normandy, France area.  A growing collection of our maps are viewable in
Google Earth so you can compare the historic map with modern conditions.

The collection can be browsed by region or you can search for a map.  We
also feature our unique Historic Map Index in which you can search
through over 60,000 historic maps at over 100 other online collections.
We are in the process of creating a new index that will be even more
powerful and will contain links to many more maps.

The collection is continually growing.  We are always adding new
content.  We currently involved in a project to fully scan historic
topographic maps from around the country.  So, our current collection of
1,300 USGS topographic maps will be growing.

You can access our main page here:

http://www.broermapsonline.org/

Or, you can access the collection here:

http://www.broermapsonline.org/members/