[Web4lib] Stockholm: Great Library website

Tim Spalding tim at librarything.com
Wed Feb 21 15:22:59 EST 2007

Anders et al.,

Since we have at least one actual Scandinavian on board, I have a
question. Does anyone know anything about the state of libraries and
library catalogs in Denmark?

I'm going to a conference in Aarhus on March 6
(http://www.aakb.dk/sw104454.asp), and doing a talk on "making your
OPAC fun." (Richard Wallis is doing one too, on mashups.)
Unfortunately, I know zilch about Denmark and libraries. I think I'm
the designated ignorant American, but it would be nice to have some
context.

Can I assume that Danish librarians will be up on the Swedish scene
and will know about the Stockholm Public Library catalog? The
languages are largely mutually intelligible, right?

Tim