[Web4lib] W I K I M O N S T E R P E D I A

Marion Sumerianlibrarian marionsumerianlibrarian at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 14:49:01 EST 2007

it seems that most of the wikipedia problems, and
web4lib list are those that have already been hashed
and re-hashed a zillion times before, perhaps since
the inception of the thing -- either beast or wonder
child, depending on your point of view.

so, at the risk of creating an even more extensively
tentacled wikipedia monster (referring to the dialog
about wikipedia), i'd like to know if those interested
parties could come to some agreement as to what the
important wiki issues are, then could list and discuss
them in an organized fashion (preferably on a blog
created solely for that purpose, but that would be
asking way too much!).

it might also be interesting to see, in a factual way,
if any solutions to these issues have been
incorporated in some form throughout the continuing
evolution of wikipedia.

as it stands now, much eloquence appears to be wasted
here in a mostly haphazard approach that only
reiterates old issues, and neither brings new
information to the table nor moves the discussion
forward in either a creative or productive way.