[Web4lib] Stockholm: Great Library website

Bret Parker Bret.Parker at ci.stockton.ca.us
Tue Feb 20 19:26:44 EST 2007

Would anyone that knows Swedish care to comment on this page:

http://www.biblioteket.stockholm.se/default.asp?id=2994&refid=2989

I am intrigued with the links in the left sidebar under the heading:
"Tips och teman."

Are these blogging categories?  Are they posts by library staff or the
community at large?

Bret Parker

>>> Scott Warren <Scott_Warren at ncsu.edu> 2/20/2007 8:46:36 AM >>>
Anders is right, this is pretty full of web 2.0 stuff and seems nicely

designed (my wife is Swedish and I can read just enough Swedish to see

that this is a pretty good catalog and make some sense of the choices).

The new stuff, tagging, reviews, etc. are there, but so are the more
conventional things like finding branches, services, delivery, etc. I'm

going to pass this on to my bibliophile in-laws in Stockholm and wife
here and see how they like it (they'll be much tougher than I am!)

Scott Warren

Anders Ericson wrote:
> When the Swedes don't do it, a Norwegian has to promote the
magnificent new
> website (beta) of Stockholm Public Library released last Wednesday:
>
> http://www.biblioteket.stockholm.se/
>
> This must be the most 2.0-ish library site so far!?
>
> The "other languages" feature isn't finished yet, but even
non-scandinavians
> should get some impressions by trying the search facility "Sök" and
the
> "Etiketter" = tags. They invite users and non-users alike to tag and
review
> their books etc.
>
> Here is the tag list:
> http://www.biblioteket.stockholm.se/default.asp?id=6479
>

> Anders Ericson
> Web Editor Norwegian Libr. Assoc.
> http://www.norskbibliotekforening.no

Scott Warren, M.A. LIS
Assistant Head
Textiles Library and Engineering Services
North Carolina State University Libraries
Box 8301
Raleigh, NC 27695-8301
919-515-6602 (phone)
919-515-3926 (fax)