[Web4lib] Online games for kids dept

Bokuno bokuno at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 00:28:08 EST 2007

Even better:

Use a kids' computer to install games to shared folders on a file server.
Some of the files end up on the PC (DLLs, config files, etc.), but the
binaries end up on the server. Copy the local files (and possibly some
registry entries) to the other kids' computers. Then any kids PC can run any
game, even simultaneously. And it makes it a lot easier when you have to
replace a defective kids' computer; just copy some local files and registry
entries and you're done. It's a little trickier than I'm making it sound,
but a clever technician can make it work very well if you have a fast
network.

(But do make sure you own enough licenses to do this legally.)

Lucien
--
Lucien Kress
Kress Consulting