[Web4lib] website design copyright issues

Dobbs, Aaron AWDobbs at ship.edu
Tue Feb 13 11:08:06 EST 2007

IANAL

With that said, my understanding (oh great collective wisdom correct me)
is the code is copyrighted/copyrightable but the expression/display is
not?  I think the "look" of a page might be trademarked/treademarkable
but that is pure wild guesswork on my part.

ALA Washington Office has put together a Copyright Advisory Network
discussion forum at:
http://www.librarycopyright.net/
where you could pose the question, one of a dozen or so librarians who
have received copyright training will get back to your post in a few
days at most and a discussion may ensue.

If you're using someone else's code to generate your display, courtesy
and practice seem to suggest an acknowledgement of the author and maybe
a link to the original are in order and should cover amy copyright
issues.  (again, this paragraph is supposition on my part)

-Aaron
:-)'

Miranda: "You have your backup backing up your backups"
Mike: "Recursives! Spoiled again!"