[Web4lib] a "television show" about public libraries

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Sun Feb 11 12:55:28 EST 2007

hi web4lib community -

     here in the united states we've got many television dramas about police and
hospitals, but nary a television drama about situations in a public library.

     it's time we changed that. in this 8-minute youtube video i sketch out the
structure for a possible public library drama.

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ze8OEtuDV9c

      in the spirit of the internet, this "television show" is open source.
anyone may contribute plot lines to it. anyone can shoot videos of this show.
this show will be distribute over the internet rather than on television
(although i have no objections for it to appear on television, as well.)

        as a next step, this show needs a wiki where interested persons can
contribute plot lines to the show. if there is someone  who can assist with
setting up such a wiki, that would be great.

          i hope the above show might be one of many "television shows" about
life in libraries. anyone who has worked in libraries knows that we have as many
interesting stories as those folks over in police or hospitals. and the stories
in libraries have many interesting dimensions for viewers to chew on.

          librarians are rising up. we're taking over police and hospitals shows
with arresting material, stat.

           phil shapiro, public geek
           takoma park maryland library

Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com