[Web4lib] L2 oh yahoo pipes

Bonaria Biancu bonariabiancu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 05:21:13 EST 2007

Errors on Pipes page:

Yahoo is still building it up (the service is in beta), and sometimes
you can get errors that are only due to Pipes' problems. I don't know
if there are also incompatibilities with browsers: I use Firefox
2.0.0.1 (on Windows XP), too, and have no problems...

Library 2.0_DR: in fact I can get the pipe by clicking on the url but,
if I search in Pipes' search engine for "library" or "Library 2.0_DR",
it doesn't give me your pipe among results...

My Pipe:

I set up the former "Library 2.0" as an example and, testing the
various features, I made some experiments: that's why I included
Yahoo-searching on my blog.
I think this option can be useful if you want to catch data that don't
result in feeds - for example I could use it for searching "opac 2.0"
on my blog, as I don't have in it any "opac 2.0" category (or tag)...

Instead, the number of feeds (= filtering for uniqueness by URL) was
an intentional way to not to have a big number from results as I
didn't found any way to determine the number of output feeds... Do you
have an idea to get it?

Also interesting the pipe "Cultural Exhibitionism"
<http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/uhXvhje52xGliD9tFG_cUw/> that merges
LibraryThing recent books feed, last.fm recent tracks feed, and
Netflix recent rental activity feed.