[Web4lib] ANN: Seminars on IA and usability (Portland OR, Atlanta)

Louis Rosenfeld lou at louisrosenfeld.com
Thu Feb 8 14:00:19 EST 2007

(apologies for cross-posting)

Hello; Steve Krug and I will be teaching our Spring 2007 seminars in two US
cities:  Portland, Oregon (5/10-11) and Atlanta (5/31-6/1).  Discounts are
available for early registration, for groups of three or more, and for
registering for both seminars.  Details below; we hope to see you in May!

-----

Enterprise Information Architecture:  Because users don't care about your
org chart (with Lou Rosenfeld)

This day-long seminar will help you convert a disjointed collection of
content silos into a unified, user-centered web site or intranet.  Coverage
includes a combination of design recommendations, governance advice, and
research methods that work in the highly political and often nasty
environment known as the enterprise.  The seminar combines lecture,
discussion, and group exercises.

Locations and Dates
  Portland, OR:  May 10 at The CoHo Theater (early registration by April 13)
  Atlanta, GA:  May 31 at Zoo Atlanta (early registration by May 4)

More info and registration:  http://www.louisrosenfeld.com/eia

Don't Make Me Think: The web usability workshop (with Steve Krug)

Expanding on the topics in his best-selling Web usability book, Steve's
workshop will teach you how to recognize and solve the usability problems in
your own site, and how to make low-cost/no-cost testing an everyday part of
your company's design process.  The day includes a live usability test and
expert reviews of a number of websites using URLs submitted by
attendees--perhaps even your own.

Locations and Dates
  Portland, OR:  May 11 at The CoHo Theater (early registration by April 13)
  Atlanta, GA:  June 1 at Zoo Atlanta (early registration by May 4)

More info and registration:  http://www.sensible.com/workshops.html

--
Louis Rosenfeld :: http://louisrosenfeld.com
Rosenfeld Media :: http://rosenfeldmedia.com

New book on search analytics:
http://rosenfeldmedia.com/books/searchanalytics

Spring 2007 Seminars in Portland and Atlanta:
http://www.louisrosenfeld.com/eia