[Web4lib] Blogs and responding to patron concerns/complaints

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Wed Feb 7 15:18:57 EST 2007

Susan Basye wrote:

> I am having trouble finding any examples of libraries that allow patrons to
> post blog entries. I searched the list archives for this topic and came up
> with very little.
>
> If your library allows patrons to post blog entries I'd be interested in
> hearing how it is working for you.  If anyone has any comments in general on
> using one blog for news and patron comments  versus using two separate blogs
> I'd be interested in that as well.

The U. of C. Blog, Maroon Opinions, "lists suggestions for and answers
from the University of Chicago Library":

http://lib.typepad.com/suggest/

It doesn't allow direct posting -- patrons have to fill out a
"suggestion form" -- but it's an interesting model of what you can do
with a blog in the area of patron response.

LEO

www.leoklein.com (site)
www.ChicagoLibrarian.com (blog)
aim/msn/yhoo/goog: 'leorobertklein'