[Web4lib] Thoughts on Music from Apple

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Tue Feb 6 23:21:42 EST 2007

Andrew Hankinson wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Steve Jobs has just posted a very interesting read regarding Digital
> Rights Management and music:
>
> http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughtsonmusic/
>
> Not only is it a good read from the man who arguably controls much of
> the music consumption business, but I also find it refreshing to see at
> least some level of transparency about DRM and what it means in the long
> run.

Well, thus spake the hardware manufacturer.  He's making way more on the
player than on the content so naturally his inclination is to throw up
his hands and say, a pox on your DRM requirements.

It'd be great -- we'd finally get OverDrive for the Mac -- but I think
the Content Owners would prefer bankruptcy to DRM-free content.

LEO

www.leoklein.com (site)
www.ChicagoLibrarian.com (blog)

aim/msn/yhoo/goog: 'leorobertklein'