[Web4lib] Suggestion/Message/Comment Box

Karen Harker Karen.Harker at UTSouthwestern.edu
Tue Dec 18 10:12:22 EST 2007

We use this same set up, as well, for the same purpose.  FYI - in discussion with the developer of Entry Post plugin, we discovered that Captcha wasn't needed. The plugin includes a JS re-routing that effectively (so far, at least) prevents spamming.

Karen R. Harker, MLS, MPH
UT Southwestern Medical Library
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX  75390-9049
214-648-8946
Yahoo IM: karenharker

>>> On 12/18/07 at 8:54 AM, in message <726516CCBE44FF4D9D4FDF0D58E720A90CF6458476 at LLE2K7-BE01.mitll.ad.local>, "Menk, Robert" <bmenk at ll.mit.edu> wrote:
We do this via a Movable Type blog using the Entry Post plugin. Capthca is an option, moderating is easy. Works well for us.

Bobb Menk
MIT Lincoln Laboratory Library

-----Original Message-----
From: web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org [mailto:web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org] On Behalf Of Sara Amato
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 3:32 PM
To: web4lib at webjunction.org
Subject: [Web4lib] Suggestion/Message/Comment Box

Can anyone recommend a perl or php script for an online suggestion box?
We are looking for the following features:

Moderated
Admin interface to add replies to comments/suggestions Customizable display Easily browsable, perhaps by date

Were also wondering about at 'captcha' feature, to keep it from being heavily spammed ...

Any experiences, advice and recommendations welcome!