[Web4lib] ALCTS Electronic Resources Interest Group (Program Announcement: ALA)

Luiz Mendes luiz.mendes at csun.edu
Fri Dec 14 14:31:20 EST 2007

Dear Colleagues:

You are cordially invited to the ALCTS Electronic Resources Interest Group
meeting at ALA Midwinter Meeting 2008 in Philadelphia, PA.

Date: January 12, 10:30 am-12:00 pm

Location: Loews Hotel, Washington Room

Title: Making E-Resources Management More Manageable: RECORDS

Central to the workflows and management of e-resources are bibliographic
records. While there is now a general, well-established workflow for
e-journals, which are for a large part represented by standard CONSER
records in most systems such as SerialsSolutions & SFX, the same is not true
for e-monographs and integrating resources (databases). Proposals have been
made to guide the creation of records for e-monographs by publishers and
vendors. And some proposals are in the making for a provider neutral
IR-record. Where are we? What are publishers and vendors doing in this area?
After all, source and quality of records impact our decisions, workflows,
and management of e-resources.

Speakers:

Nicole Pelsinsky, Serials Solutions

Peter Fletcher, UCLA
Timothy Savage, OCLC

A question and answer session will follow the presentations.

Electronic Resources Interest Group

Luiz H. Mendes, Chair,  <mailto:luiz.mendes at csun.edu> luiz.mendes at csun.edu

Jennifer Lang, Vice-Chair, lang at Princeton.EDU

Luiz H. Mendes
Electronic Resources Librarian
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff St.