[Web4lib] Survey: Favorite Academic/Research Library Web 2.0/Lib 2.0 Examples

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Mon Dec 10 16:55:32 EST 2007

***APOLOGIES FOR RECEIPT OF DUPLICATE POSTINGS***
Colleagues/

In a effort to be as current as possible, I would be most grateful for your assistance in identifying
>>Favorite  Academic/Research Library Web 2.0/Lib 2.0 Applications/Sites<<

I Am Specifically Interested in Your Favorite LIBRARY-RELATED APPLICATIONS/SITES in the W-2 Arena

* Blogs

* Podcasting

* RSS/Webfeeds

*Social Bookmarking/Tagging

*Social networking

*Wikis

The  brief SurveyMonkey survey is available at

[ http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=sxlVHCfvY_2fR6rSngAaydGQ_3d_3d ]

!!! Thanks (again) for your assistance !!!

[BTW: I will post results of this and my previous surveys beginning in January 2008]

NB: The focus of this survey is on the nature of the sites.  What is important is not whether you are an academic librarian.
My interest is in your professionally-favored ACADEMIC/RESEARCH Web 2.0/Lib. 20 applications/sites regardless of your current position.

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than An Idea Whose Time Has Come /
V. Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]