[Web4lib] WIKIPEDIA is now politically correct to use as areference resource

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Dec 10 10:30:54 EST 2007

Hello David,

I think you misread this.  It said

> Britannica and the like are not some crucial
>"trusted source" we should all revere. They're middle-brow furniture,
> and a source for quick look-ups and casual perusal.

To me at least, that refers to EB, WB, EA, and other PRINT
encyclopedias that used to be "middle-brow furniture" to decorate the
living room or den and to be occasionally used by the children for a
grade school assignment.

The "furniture" angle is illustrated by the variety of colors that
some of them were available in for many years.  Do you want it in
blue, red, or white?  Choose the one that will work best with your
decor.

dan

--
Best regards,