[Web4lib] WIKIPEDIA continues to be politically correct, as amended daily.

Chris Tinney vctinney at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 9 19:26:47 EST 2007

WIKIPEDIA continues to be politically correct,
as amended daily.

Sorry, you are completely wrong.
The historical perspective or context
is my mention of the creation of the
Constitution of the United States;
of which you are well aware, was
made for change, (through an
amendment process), as required by
future generations.  "The United States
Constitution is the oldest enduring written
  national Constitution."   So Wikipedia, which
is amended daily, should have a similar future.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/kids/constitution/facts.html

amendment: The act of changing for the better;
improvement.  A correction or alteration, as in a manuscript.

Fred Beisser <fredbeisser at mesanetworks.net> wrote:
  Source?

Kathleen Stipek wrote:
      This is ahistorical.  The Founders were, by and large, either aristocrats or men of property for whom governance  was to be confined to the right sort of people, i.e., aristocrats and men of property.  They had no more idea that the mass of farmhands, working men, and other males in the general public would ever be permitted to govern than that women and slaves would ever be freed from legal and political restrictions on participation in society.

    Kathleen Stipek, Alachua County Library District
  401 East University Avenue, Gainesville, Florida 32601
  352-334-3931 (voice) 352-334-3948 (fax)
  Non, merci
     --Cyrano de Bergerac