[Web4lib] navigation bars and css

Chris Barr christopher.barr at villanova.edu
Fri Dec 7 17:22:25 EST 2007

Hi Rachel,

It is hard to tell what you are talking about without an example, but
generally the best way to make menus in css is to style an unordered
(bulleted) list.

The html might look something like:

<ul>
    <li>Home</li>
    <li>Catalog</li>
    <li>Help</li>
</ul>

And the CSS you can use to style it is kind of limitless.

Here are 37 CSS menu examples:
http://www.alvit.de/css-showcase/css-navigation-techniques-showcase.php

(The first three examples from alistapart are really good tutorials.)

Good luck,
Chris Barr
Villanova University