[Web4lib] PLoS ONE: A Post-Publication-Peer-Reviewed-Open-Access-E-Journal

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Fri Dec 7 16:10:30 EST 2007

**APOLOGIES FOR RECEIPT OF DUPLICATE POSTINGS**
Colleagues/

Earlier this afternoon, I posted a profile of PLoS ONE, a new online publication that I characterize as  "A Post-Publication-Peer-Reviewed-Open-Access-E-Journal" on two of my blogs, _Scholarship 2.0_ and _SciTechNet_

"PLoS ONE is an international, peer-reviewed, open-access, online journal." It "features reports of primary research from all disciplines within science and medicine. By not excluding papers on the basis of subject area, PLoS ONE facilitates the discovery of the connections between papers whether within or between disciplines."

HOW? "Each submission will be assessed by a member of the PLoS ONE Editorial Board before publication. This pre-publication peer review will concentrate on technical rather than subjective concerns and may involve discussion with other members of the Editorial Board and/or the solicitation of formal reports from independent referees. If published, papers will be made available for community-based open peer review involving online annotation, discussion, and rating"

 "PLoS ONE will publish all papers that are judged to be rigorous and technically sound. Papers published in PLoS ONE will be available for commenting and debate by the readers, making every paper the start of a scientific conversation." "Judgments about the importance of any particular paper are then made after publication" (http://www.plosone.org/static/whypublish.action).

[MORE]

[ http://scholarship20.blogspot.com/2007/12/plos-one-post-publication-peer-reviewed.html ]
[ http://scitechnet.blogspot.com/2007/12/plos-one-post-publication-peer-reviewed.html]

I Am Greatly Interested in Learning of Other ***Post-Publication-Peer-Reviewed-Open-Access-E-Journals***  for Potential Profiling in These Blogs AND Would Welcome Any and All Nominations.

Thanks for Your Interest and Assistance.

Happy Friday!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

!!! Social Networking is People !!!
[ http://www.facebook.com/p/Gerry_McKiernan/16926735  ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]