[Web4lib] Counter Journal Reports

Kathryn Silberger Kathryn.Silberger at marist.edu
Wed Dec 5 08:56:34 EST 2007

I'm not sure if this topic is appropriate to this list.  Perhaps someone
could suggest a better venue.  In brief, I have been looking at the Counter
Journals reports from various vendors.  Those from the large aggregators,
Ebsco, Gale and Proquest, include everything in the report labeled
"journals"; books and other monographs, tv & radio transcripts; newswire
and ERIC documents.  There are enough of those entries that they clutter up
the reports and make analysis more difficult.  What does Counter auditing
actually accomplish?

Katy

Kathryn K. Silberger
Automation Resources Librarian