[Web4lib] need database to collect our statistics

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 16:40:00 EDT 2007

I was an embedded software engineer before I left it to go to library
school. Excel macros can't be that difficult to modify, unless they
were badly written in the first place. In my opinion--and I realize
that I haven't seen the program, but I have a good idea what you mean
by monthly statistics--you're better off sending someone who shows a
little aptitude for this sort of thing to a class or two and taking it
over yourselves.

On 8/31/07, Sue Baldwin <sbaldwin at nngov.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We are looking for a database product we can use to collect all of our
> monthly statistics. We currently have a complicated Excel program that our
> branches use to input their monthly statistics. This program was written by
> an outside person and we have to contract with her every time we want to
> make a change to what we collect. What do other libraries, especially public
> libraries, use to collect their statistics?? Is there a company out there
> that has created a program libraries can use and customize?? We are in
> desperate need of new product that we can customize and query as needed. Any
> suggestions?? We are becoming desperate for something new.
>

> Thanks, Sue
>

> Sue Baldwin
>
> Technology Librarian
>
> Newport News Public Library System
>
> 700 Town Center Drive Suite 300
>
> Newport News, VA 23606
>
> 757-926-1350 voice
>
> 757-926-1365 fax
>
> sbaldwin at nngov.com

Sharon M. Foster, B.S., J.D., 0.58 * (MLS)
F/OSS Evangelist
Cheshire Public Library
104 Main Street
Cheshire, CT  06410
http://www.cheshirelibrary.org
My library school portfolio: http://home.southernct.edu/~fosters4/
My final project for ILS655, Digital Libraries:
http://www.vsa-software.com/ils655

Any opinions expressed here are entirely my own.