[Web4lib] Seeking Advice: Switching Career Paths

Deb Bergeron bergeron at macalester.edu
Thu Aug 30 14:40:46 EDT 2007

David,

I agree with the folks who chimed in with looking outside library-land and not to be discouraged.

I don't know what your resume looks like, but you could re-write it to focus on your web development in tandem with your archivist position--if you haven't already done that.

Volunteering in library-related associations also works.  In addition to ALA your state should have a state-wide library association. Most often they will need web people to help maintain their sites or part of their sites.  You could be the 'webmaster' for the association or a division of it.

Good Hunting!

Deb

Deb Bergeron
System Administrator User Support
CLIC Cooperating Libraries in Consortium
1619 Dayton Ave. Suite 204A
Saint Paul, MN 55104
tel: 651-644-3878
fax:651-644-6258