[Web4lib] Social Networking Sites | Social Bookmarking Sites

Robert L. Balliot rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com
Thu Aug 30 10:42:44 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I think it is somewhat awkward to try to redefine the words
'social' and 'networking' to fit within a restrictive concept.
The applications within a social networking 'site' define
usage.  Web4lib itself is an application of social networking.

Here is a good example of social networking with a common interest
group using the web in pursuit of common goals. The web site
has attracted many visitors which help sustain and perpetuate
the social network:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/30/spider.web.ap/index.html

Robert L. Balliot
1-401-441-5763