[Web4lib] Seeking Advice: Switching Career Paths

Gillian Wiseman gwiseman at ci.waco.tx.us
Thu Aug 30 10:39:10 EDT 2007

Well, this may sound shallow, but if you are worried about not having experience, have you thought about doing volunteer work in the field? Maybe you could redesign a local library's website for them, or find some other project to spend some time and energy on that you can then use as a career promotional tool.

I know that any number of folks have volunteered at our library over the summers and then found themselves employed come fall. Not in technical areas, but it does work...

Gillian