[Web4lib] Seeking Advice: Switching Career Paths

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 10:27:21 EDT 2007

I would also appreciate the advice. I was an embedded software
engineer, have done some web development for school and personal use,
am teaching myself XML, PHP, Perl, SQL, and a few other acronyms, am
half-way through library school, but fear I don't have enough
library-specific experience in any of these areas to land a decent job
after graduation.

On 8/30/07, Rachel Davis <rdavis at thomas.lib.me.us> wrote:
> "David Kemper" <siansleep at gmail.com> writes:
> >Your input and advice would be much appreciated. Feel free to email me
> >off the list at siansleep at gmail.com
>
> Please reply on the list, please!  I'm in the same boat!
>
> Rachel
>
> Rachel Q. Davis
> Children's Librarian
> Thomas Memorial Library
> 6 Scott Dyer Road
> Cape Elizabeth, ME  04107
> 207-799-1720

Sharon M. Foster, B.S., J.D., 0.58 * (MLS)
F/OSS Evangelist
Cheshire Public Library
104 Main Street
Cheshire, CT  06410
http://www.cheshirelibrary.org
My library school portfolio: http://home.southernct.edu/~fosters4/
My final project for ILS655, Digital Libraries:
http://www.vsa-software.com/ils655

Any opinions expressed here are entirely my own.