[Web4lib] SciTech Social Networking Sites?

Casey Bisson cbisson at plymouth.edu
Sun Aug 26 20:22:59 EDT 2007

I'd second Robert L. Balliot's suggestion that a successful sci tech-
themed blog should be considered a social networking site, and add to
that Arxiv.org.

http://arxiv.org/

Arxiv may not at first look like a social networking site, but the
process of endorsements and the invitation for peer review and
discussion (including via trackbacks) give it the necessary features.

http://arxiv.org/help/trackback

It may not quite be Flickr for the hard sciences, but it's an
inspiring example of how academic publishing is changing.

Casey Bisson

Information Architect
Plymouth State University
Plymouth, New Hampshire