[Web4lib] profile article on linux.com

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Thu Aug 23 11:34:06 EDT 2007

hi web4lib community,

        in case it might be of interest, there's a kindly worded profile article
about me on linux.com at http://www.linux.com/feature/118670

        while i like my current job a lot, i'm looking to move to a public
library where there's a stronger digital vision -- a vision that includes
citizen journalism training and other means of bringing voice to the community.

         there's so much that's possible in this digital age. we owe it to our
communities to explore all the new ways public libraries can serve their needs,
building upon library traditions of the past.

                phil shapiro, public geek
                takoma park maryland library

Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html